Thursday, April 17, 2008

என்னோடு மாமா

Every year for 2 months my sister and I, flew to Bombay, not thoroughly enjoying the googy mix of mud and water everywhere. He'd sometimes carry me on his shoulders to avoid my pretty little toe nails getting filled with the brown mix.
We'd run around, tease him, irritate him, wake him up, poke him, mess around and he was just oddly silent. I'd always think, why is he so reserved. There was a sense of curiosity to always want to 'know' what he's all about. My mysterious mama...
Never close to the family, heart of gold; always enjoyed a powerful status. Ever loving professor of Mathematics, his true passion for teaching was always felt and seen by his peers and students.
Suddenly one Summer we stopped seeing him during those months we visited India. Why? In the last 10 years we all knew he was fighting several health conditions.
I will never understand why he chose to live the way he did; but I guess it was a conscious choice and perhaps he was truely content and preferred a short and sweet life. Could we tell? Did he know? Was this all planned by him??
We always talked about him. He was my mother's mentor. She loved him and respected him to a great extent, I could tell. She'd always tell us(my twin sis and I) stories about the things he taught her.
A peculier man- You will always be remembered.............

1 comment:

Unknown said...

a great expression arch, tears in my eyes